Saturday, February 4, 2012

Finally....


So a few weeks ago I was on Pinterest - which isn't unusual in itself, and I was looking at scrapbooking/journalling ideas and I found this link: 50 Things About Me - Two Peas in a Bucket. I loved the idea.. especially since this year I am turning 40... so I thought I would do a '40 things about me' page in my journal. I have been thinking about it for weeks but didn't really have that 'motivation', if you know what I mean. The other day I found the paper I wanted to use so pasted that in (not that you can see it now!) but then it took me another couple of days to actually do something about it.

And here it is.....

I have included 4 photos of me in various stages of life... 8 months old in 1973, 17 years old in 1989 (not that you could tell it was the 80's!!), 21 years old in 1993 and 38 years old in 2010. I wanted to leave room to be able to put a 40th birthday photo in but there wasn't enough, but that's not to say that when I get one I couldn't do something creative with it. The rest is just random things about me - places I love, songs that mean something, days that have had the most impact on my life, things that are important to me, etc

Actually, I am beginning to think that this book (it will become books as it's only February and I am nearly at the end of this one) is going to be important for me to do this year. I really wasn't looking forward to being 40 for so many reasons.. mainly because I really didn't think I would be where I am today. That's not to say I hate my life - sometimes I'm not very enthusiastic about it but I don't hate it. I do appreciate that I have a lot to be grateful for and I certainly haven't had a horrible life.. I guess if I am looking back at my life so far (yes I think I am heading towards a mid life crisis), I would have to say my life has been pretty average.

Not that being average isn't a bad thing but sometimes I just wish for something more exciting. Mind you, as my mother says "you can't have excitement every day". It's true - I guess there is nothing wrong with the mundane.. at least you still are alive aye?

No comments: