Monday, December 7, 2009

Addictions

Addictions can come in a lot of different forms.. you might not even realise that you do have an addiction. I guess the most common known addictions are alcohol, drugs, and food... but I am completely addicted to my computer.

No its true. I work on a computer all day 5 days a week, but the first thing I do when I get home (well apart from go to the loo - even tho I go before I leave work, somehow in that 1/2 hr trip home I end up busting again.. weird).. anyhoo, when I get home, one of the first things I do is turn on my pc and then proceed to spend the rest of the night on it. To be honest, I am really surprised it hasn't blown up yet because I have it on all day on the weekend too when I am home - which is most of the time!!!

And what do I do on the pc all that time.. well here comes my other addiction: Facebook - yep that's right, I spend most of my time of FB... why?? I really can't answer that. I honestly can say that its a complete waste of time, yet for some reason I am drawn to it. I tried not to go on FB for a couple days but I think I lasted about 5 hours - and that's coz I was at work!!!

I know for some people shopping or spending money can be an addiction. Its really quite sad how many things out in the world have an addictive power to them. People so many times focus on the big three - or the ones that can hurt you or someone else, but its forgotten just how bad others can be. I should be out and about but no, my addiction means that I couldn't possibly be away from my pc for so long... and when I am out all I think about is what's happening in the land of FB... see sad!!!

Anyhoo.. must go - I am building an empire in Kingdoms of Camelot on FB ;)

No comments: