Saturday, December 26, 2009

Well thats that then

So thats Christmas done & dusted for another year... what did you get? I was actually VERY spoilt this year considering I was pretty bah humbug about the whole thing this year. Didn't really get into the whole deal about it this year. I think last year was a distraction and this year I realised that dad wasn't around - man its like I blame everything bad that happens to me on him dying and its so not like that. I just wasn't in the festive mood.

Don't get me wrong - I didn't deprived anyone else tho... got presents for Mum, Adele, Mark, Brooke & Alannah... I do want to get a couple things for Lynette, Aimee & Tayla too tho... might do that this week and send them off - better late than never!!!

So what did I get.... well.... Brooke gave me this really beautiful 9 carat gold & topaz necklace, its so gorgeous. She also did a painting for me, which I love and I am so gonna put up at home. Alannah got me this really lovely spa treatment gift set, with a loofah!!! I have always wanted one of them!~!!! Love it.... oh and when we went shopping on Christmas Eve we went past this perfume place - $5 perfume!! And we got each other a perfume.,.. funny... My sister got me some really nice body lotion, plus a little black bag with yummy chocolates, pen, a crystal, keyring, and magnet, really nice... Mum got me a NZ desk calendar which is very handy coz I didn't get myself a NZ calendar like I usually do, plus she got me a Whitcoulls voucher, which is handy coz I can use it here at Angus & Robertson.. And Adele got me a Christmas toilet roll.. haha - it was a bit of a gag gift coz I have this fear of running out of toilet paper!! Don't know why but I just always make sure I have plenty of loo paper... its the same with petrol - I nearly always have to have the car at least 1/2 full!! If it goes under then I have to fill it up... weird aye!!

Anyhoo, Adele got me the toilet roll & then I opened my real present... it was in a shoe box & I had no idea what the hell it was... turns out it was an iPod iTouch!!!! I couldn't believe it - I swore.. haha, I was so shocked - I so had no idea!!! It was brilliant coz I have been wanting one and now I have :) Oh yeah & Mark is giving me his bed... yay!!! Really happy about that!

After the presents were over & done with (oh yeah, Alannah & I were up at 4am... the others meandered out about 6amish!!), we spoke to the family in NZ and had the most massive breakfast - bacon, eggs, toast, crossiants, OJ, donuts, fruit platter... so much!!! Then everyone played with their new toys!! Mark - PS3, Adele - new pc moniter, graphics card & 1TB harddrive, Brooke & Lana - iPod docking stations, me - iTouch!!! Adele & I went for a swim at some stage and also had a nana nap for about 3 hours!!!! It was a pretty cruisy day - no visitors apart from a friend of Brooke's so it was really just us, which was nice.

I think its movie day today... a bit of a tradition - check out what movies are on Boxing Day and choose - I think Adele & I are gonna see Sherlock Holmes & the girls are going to see The Lovely Bones.... and thats about it.

Will probably go home today and come back down on Wednesday - I really have to tidy my house. Then will come back down on payday... want to take the girls out for a photoshoot - I think the Powerhouse will be a great location, so thats where I think we will go..

So yeah, thats Christmas over for another year... Not too sure what the new year has in store - I have learnt tho not to have expectations because you are either disappointed or let down when they don't follow through...

No comments: