Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Diabolical Masterplan

Ok so here it is... the diabolical masterplan - unfortunately I don't have any minions to help carry this out... I gotta get me some minions!!

Right so my long service leave becomes available in February 2014 - so pretty much 3 years today! The plan is to work at QUT until my long service leave kicks in - maybe a couple more months and then leave. This part of the plan changes all the time - not sure if I will leave & get my LSL paid out or whether I will go on LSL and still accrue leave whilst on leave and then get a pay out at the end...

Either way I will be intitled to 65 days LSL. I predict that I will have approximately 30.89 annual leave days owed to me - thats with taking 2 weeks leave this year & 3 next year. Which means I would get approximately $17338 as a payout amount if I leave at 31/01/2014. Obviously the longer I stay the more I get, but that's pretty much the amount I am going with at the moment.

So the plan that I have in my head at the mo is that I work until maybe September 2014 and then leave heading over the America. My friend Gailene is renewing her wedding vows in Vegas in October 2014 after a trip to Disneyworld Orlando, so I am thinking of meeting them in either Vegas or Orlando.. but either way I know people in Sacremento, Vegas, just outside of Houston, Louisana & Buffalo so I am pretty sure I will find plenty to do... of course I will end my US trip in NYC and then fly to London where I plan to stay for a good month, doing day trips to Canterbury, Brighton, Bath, Oxford, Cambridge etc and then head to Edinburgh for a week and Dublin for a week. I would really like to head to Denmark for a little bit of time too oh and Germany.

So yeah the plan would be to leave Brisbane in about September 2014 and probably be away until about late January 2015 - I would love to have Christmas in England. Then I am thinking of heading back to Christchurch to live.

I have to be honest, I am a little over Brisbane but I want my LSL and I only have 3 years to go so I am sure I can last for that long. The other thing is that I am paying off a debt that will be paid off in about October 2012 and that means that I will have at least 2 years of saving that will help too (thats the plan of course!).

There is just one fly in the ointment... by the time I get back to Christchurch I will be 42! Holy crap!!! 42!!!! That is old! I am hoping that I will be able to pick up work easily enough. I don't mind temping to be honest - I mean my last two jobs came from temping so its not like I won't be use to it. Also - sounds morbid, but I hope my mum is still around then. Not that it is a necessity that she be around but you know, it would be nice to be able to be there for her... 3 years is a long time and a lot can happen in that time.

So yeah... there it is... my big diabolical plan! I am actually really excited about it - the travel to the UK especially.. I have been back from my trip for over 2 months and it now seems like a lifetime a go... This trip I am planning would definitely be a trip of a lifetime tho and it would really let me see a lot of places and tick them off my list.

Plus... I love the planning :)

1 comment:

Gailene said...

Sounds awesome Sarah, but it's gotta be Orlando, no question!