Saturday, August 24, 2013

Hmmm....

Why aren't I more excited about this trip?  I mean it is only 10 sleeps away and I am like "Meh" when I think it about it.  Of course that's not what I'm like when I talk to people about it... then it's like "OMG 10 SLEEPS TO GO!!!!!"

Don't get me wrong, I am excited.. just not EXCITED!!!!!  I can't quite put my finger on why either.  I mean I am looking forward to going to Vancouver, it is a place I've wanted to go for a while.  I am looking forward to going on the cruise to Alaska - I mean who wouldn't!?!?!?  And I am looking looking forward to spending a few days in Victoria.. the more I see photos of the place the more I would love to see it.

But there is something in me, something I can't quite fathom that is just not as excited about this trip that I have been about ones in the past.  Someone asked me if it was because I didn't really want to go to these places and I think it was something that might have struck me.  None of these things are Bucket List things for me... I mean I want to go to these places but I am not really ticking off anything on my bucket list (unless I am lucky enough to see the Northern Lights on the cruise).

With the places I have been in the last 3 years when I have gone on these trips, there were places that were on my bucket list: London, Great Ocean Road, New York & D.C all featured on my list and I am glad I have ticked them off but this time it is more a holiday of convenience than anything.  What was going to be a week in Vancouver has turned into a 3 week holiday all because my friend suggested I go on the cruise with them.  I guess it wouldn't have been something I would have done on my own and who knows when I might have had the opportunity to do an Alaska Cruise otherwise.

Now... all of this is not to say I won't enjoy myself!!  I mean lets face it.. if I am out somewhere, anywhere taking photos then I am a pretty happy person (even if I don't realise it at the time and have to wait till I am home looking at the photos a'la NYC!).

I guess time will tell.....

No comments: