Sunday, September 1, 2013

The moment we've all been waiting for....

So months of planning, changing plans, freaking out about price of airfares, finding awesome airfares, researching tours, accommodation & other activities... it all comes down to this... 2 sleeps to go! Unfortunately I wasn't upgraded to business or premium economy for my flights to Vancouver but I have managed to change my aisle seat in the middle of the plane to a window seat for my Vancouver to Auckland flight on the 18th September which I am happy about.

Ok so the itinerary goes a little something like this:

3rd Sept - Brisbane to Vancouver
4th Sept - City Snapshots Tour of Vancouver
5th Sept - Free Day - Aquarium & Grouse Mountain
6th Sept - Day trip to Whistler
7th Sept - Laundry (very important!) and Hamlet at Bard on the Beach (can't wait for that one!)
8th Sept - Cruise begins
9th Sept - Cruising the Inner Passage
10th Sept - Stop - Icy Strait Point
11th Sept - Hubbard Glacier
12th Sept - Stop - Juneau
13th Sept - Stop - Ketchiken
14th Sept - Cruising the Inner Passage
15th Sept - Cruise ends.  Transfer to Victoria
16th Sept - Butchart Gardens & Butterfly Gardens tour
17th Sept - Free day - wander around Victoria Harbour
18th Sept - Begin the long journey back to Brisbane
19th Sept - Flying
20th Sept - Auckland to Brisbane

So there you have it.. not much detail I know but that is pretty much how my time is gonna be spent.

What am I looking forward to the most?

  • Seeing the Hubbard Glacier for sure!
  • Finally getting to Victoria
  • There is a bit of a possibility that we may see the Northern Lights on the 11th (http://www.gi.alaska.edu/AuroraForecast/Alaska/2013/09/11).  This website shows the Aurora forecast for while we are on the cruise and the 11th is a good possibility if we have a clear night.  Now THAT would be a tick on the bucket list!
I'm still not as excited as I think I should be but it is slowly coming.  I think because I know tomorrow at work is going to be so full on that I won't have time to think about that fact it is my last day for nearly 3 weeks!  I guess it will come to me tho... I am looking forward to the trip and being somewhere different tho :)


No comments: