Sunday, March 3, 2013

Enough said really :)

So it's March and I have been back to Christchurch technically every month this year.  Two weeks in January for a friends wedding and I had an awesome time visiting old haunts - well those that were left!  Then a couple of weeks ago my mother had to have an operation - long story short, after two operations and various days in ICU she is on the mend, thankfully but it was touch & go there for awhile.  I ended up going back to Chch to visit mum and ended up staying two weeks.

This time however, whilst still a good time, I didn't go out too much.  Much of the time was spent at the hospital, home or family member's homes waiting for news.  I even felt bad going to the mall because I wasn't there to enjoy myself!

Dad's Lily 

One day we did go out was on the 23rd February - this was the 5th anniversary of my dad passing away.  My sister, niece, great niece and myself took a lily to dad's memorial plaque and then went to the Botanical Gardens for a picnic and to visit the Festival of Flowers.  We then met two of my brothers, sister in law & little nieces for a play at the playground and then dinner at their place.  All in all it was a great day despite the reason behind it. 

Peacock Feather

Pink Roses in the Roses Garden


No comments: