Saturday, January 21, 2012

Just another one :)


Ok so I was looking around at some blogs and came across this one: http://scrappingthemusic.blogspot.com/ and was getting all inspired. You take songs and scrap to them - not it's not a new kind of rap.. you make a scrap page out of one or more of the lyrics in the song. They have a challenge going each week.

I was looking through the last one and found the song Who Says by Selena Gomez. Now I am not a teeny bopper by any means but the chorus of the song really hit me:

Who says, who says you're not perfect?
Who says you're not worth it?
Who says you're the only one that's hurtin?
Trust me, that's the price of beauty
Who says you're not pretty?
Who says you're not beautiful?
Who says?

Originally it was the line "Who says you're not worth it?" that hit me the most but as I was creating a page in the journal it was the "Who says you're not beautiful?" line that I ended up going with.


Now I am not a girly girl, I am not a model, I am just me... The photo was taken when I was in London in November 2010 and it was seriously one of the happiest times of my life! I had just been to an All Blacks game at Twickenham and it was my 38th birthday. My niece and I were heading back to my accommodation where my sister had made a beautiful birthday dinner. I would have to say it was one of the top 5 birthdays ever!

I guess what the song is all about is that no one has the right to put you down and say you can't do something, or that you are not beautiful or perfect. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and lets face it - no one is perfect. Plus you can do anything that you set your mind to! Trust me... I never thought I would actually get to London, let alone be able to see my 2nd favourite rugby team at Twickenham on my birthday!!!! (Favourite team is the Crusaders, for those of you playing at home).. It just goes to show that if you want something bad enough... you just gotta go out there and get it (of course as long as it's legal!!!)

No comments: